Snorkeling Fins are also called pool fins, Full Foot Fins or Swimming fins and are shaped like a shoe, are worn barefoot and therefore only used for warm water.
Snorkeling Fins are the most basic fins; a pair of simple stiff plastic, composite, or rubber blades that work as extensions of the feet while kicking. Some paddle fins have channels and grooves to improve power and efficiency
In the past (around 1960) mostly made of black or blue rubber and with a triangular blade, today it’s usually an elongated blade on colored plastic with streamline channels. This type of fin is often used in Snorkeling and Scuba Diving.
The stiffness of the blade depends on your training conditon. As you progress in fin swimming your muscles become stronger. It’s not always that the harder blade is the better choice. A lot of professional freediver use soft fins for training and competion.
Here are our recommendations for Snorkeling Fins
Atomic Aquatics High Performance Full Foot Split Snorkeling Fin
- High performance, streamlined fin for maximum power & speed
- Less than half the weight of open heel scuba diving fins – great for travel
- Comfortable open toe soft full foot pocket
Mares Avanti TRE Full Foot Snorkeling Fins
- Tri-Material Construction, Soft Anatomical Orthopedic Foot Pocket, Rugged, Durable Construction
- Good Thrust in an Economical Fin, Channel Thrust Technology, 3-Channels for Optimal Movement of Water During Kicking Cycle
- Design Inspired by Marine Mammals, Greater Thrusting Power, Superior Comfort and Performance, Soft Comfortable Foot Pocket
- Upper & Lower Stabilizers, Transfer Energy from Foot Pocket to Blade, Easy Kick for Extended Snorkeling Time
- Manufactured from Tecralene, Thermoplastic Rubber, Mid-Sized Blade, Perfect for Travel to Warm Water Locations
Mares Volo Race
- All the advantages of the volo power in a full foot design
- Orthopedic foot pocket, optimized pivoting blade
- Super channel technology, soft comfortable foot pocket
- Tecralene and thermoplastic rubber construction
- Vented for less fatigue, constant thrust, and produces fluid movement
Mares Avanti HC Pro Full Foot Fins
- A soft and comfortable material in the foot pocket and side reinforcement bars to prevent rubbing and soreness of the feet and also to help protect the fin from bumps and knocks against other objects.
- A rigid polymer is used in the main sections of the blade to provide structure and strength to control the shape of the blade during kicking.
- A flexible silicone based material to give flexibility between the rigid panels, allowing the blade to form the channel shape.
- Cressi is a REAL diving, snorkeling and swimming Italian brand, since 1946.
- A lightweight and full foot fin, ideal for snorkeling and scuba diving. Made in Italy by Cressi’s manufactory.
- Made by molding three different materials (a Cressi patented construction system) to give high performance, extreme lightness, easy fining, and comfort.
- The blade is made from light and reactive polypropylene, it is very-energetic and has snappy rebound. The result is powerful, fluid and untiring kick.
- The foot pocket extends along the bottom of the blade to give protection during fining even in shallow water and near rocks.
ScubaPro Seawing Nova Full Foot Fins
- Built with a space-age Monprene elastomer that is virtually indestructible. Ergo-fit foot pocket is low profile to prevent chafing and blistering on the ankle and Achilles tendon.
- Extended toe box enhances comfort during extended bottom times. Power Rails under the extended footplate offer efficient power transfer.
- Proprietary G4 articulated joint allows the entire blade to pivot and generate thrust. Wing-shaped blade creates a near-perfect balance of stiffness and flex.
- Variable Blade Geometry wing tips arc upwards, providing more power and increasing stability. Pivot Control Technology ensures that the most efficient 45º angle of attack is maintained no matter how easy or hard you kick.
- A well-engineered heel pad, mid-sole pad, and rough surface design provide a dependable grip on slippery boat decks or dive ladders.
This was our list of the Best Snorkeling Fins 2021! We hope you enjoyed it and if so, please share the article with your friends and family or on your social platforms and leave us a comment below with your favorite we would appreciate it a lot and you’d make the Oceans a little better! Thank you!
If you don’t want to miss any of our next Equipment guides you can sign up here for our free newsletter!
You might also be interested in:
Interested to join us as a Marine Life Conservation Volunteer?
Check it out here
Another way to help us is with your donation or buy one of our merchandise items. All income from the Items sold goes to our Marine Life Conservation Projects.
Are you interested in Scuba Diving? Come Join us at Poseidon Dive Center and do a Dive Course or Join us for a FunDive as a certified Diver.