Earth overshoot day 2021 marks the day what resources earth can regenerate. In other words, humans are using nature 1.75 times faster than Earth’s ecosystems can regenerate.
This means that in just seven months, humans depleted the amount of clean water, healthy soil, clean air and other resources that the planet generated in 2021, meaning that all of the energy we consume from now until December 31st will be on a borrowed level from the year 2022 which is no longer sustainable in the long term.
The extra waste we now produce cannot be absorbed and will cause harm and we are using too many other natural resources – like eating fish, plant-based food and meat – too quickly. #MoveTheDate of Earth Overshoot Day
Our Beach Clean up at Ao Nang Beach Krabi Thailand for Earth Overshoot Day 2021
There are ways for us to MoveTheDate
You can help to move that date backwards, How you ask? Here are a few Tips!
DONATE to the Movement
- Buy fish once a week (not 5 times).
- Eat fish from sustainable resources know where and how it has been caught!
You can see here which fish is sustainable to eat!
- Lower your own standards and carbon footprint.
- Turn off the water while soaping under the shower.
- Turn off lights which are not needed.
- Leave your car at home and take a walk or a bicycle.
- Don’t go to the Gym by car and then sit on the bike.
- Do not throw your rubbish over board or on the side of the street eventually it’ll end in our Oceans.
- If you have to use Plastic, use reusable Plastic containers
- Bring your own Bag to the Market
- Cut energy use at home
- Minimize waste
- Grow your own fruit, veg and herbs
- Install energy efficient appliances at home
- Car pool and use public transport
- Go plastic free
- Go Zero Waste. You can find our Article about it here!
- Buy from charity shops
- Cut down on meat consumption
- Eat a more plant based diet
Earth overshoot day 2021 falls on July 29th. From now on we live of the resources which we usually would need for next year!
What Poseidon Dive Center does to help Move the Date for Earth Overshoot Day 2021
We have more information for you on our Marine Life Conservation Projects Page
You’d like to support us in our marine protection projects, but don’t have much time?
Rescue the Ocean with your Purchase!
All income goes towards our Marine Life Conservation Projects!
Have a look at our merchandise!
Interested in joining us as a Marine Life Conservation Volunteer?
Check it out here
You can now Donate in Bitcoin to support our Marine Life Conservation Projects