A Swimmers Snorkel differs from a normal Snorkel. For a Swimmer it’s important to be as streamlined as possible! Hence the Snorkel is not side-mounted.
Due to the fast swimming, a side-mounted snorkel can move backwards and dip into the water at a strong angle, which would make you inhale water.
Sometimes it takes just a few millimeters of change to make an entirely new product and the front-mount Swimmers Snorkel is a prime example of this.
Instead of the snorkel coming around the side of the face as it is traditional with a divers snorkel, the Swimmer’s Snorkel exits the mouth and runs straight up over the nose protruding from the water above the head.
This enables the swimmer to stay face down in a natural floating position. It can be used with any standard swimming goggle and allows a swimmer of any ability to loosen up in the water and maintain a completely relaxed, face-down floating position, promoting calmness and relaxed, rhythmical breathing.
Apart from no longer needing to move your head to breathe, the Swimmer’s Snorkel is quite theatrical, offering a man-made equivalent to the shark’s ominous dorsal fin and a spectacular purging process akin to that of a whale spouting.
The relaxed, horizontal position allows people to swim at normal or even slower speeds while maintaining a full range of motion. For experienced swimmers, it offers an opportunity to sort out flaws in the technique as it’s possible to eliminate the breathing cycle rotation and work solely on body stability, head position and stroke technique.
Watch a Thorpe, Popov or Van Hoegenband and their body stability is like that of a battleship.
The manufacturers of the Swimmer’s Snorkel claim dramatic effects from using the snorkel to remedy poor technique – from a floppy, sloppy stroke to cruising stability in one lap in some cases.
Here are our Swimmers Snorkel recommendations
ZIONOR Snorkel Lap Swimming
- Swim Training Snorkels – The swimming snorkel with spout allows smooth airflow and provides healthy amount of oxygen while lap swimming, triathlon and maximize speed by 30%.
- Comfortable and Firm Pad – Engineered thickened head-pad sits firmly on head delivers comfort and eliminate movement when flip turns and all four strokes.
- Optimized Mouthpiece – Durable food-grade and odorless material, fits perfect in mouth and keep the snorkel in place, one-way purge help to drain the water entirely during exhale.
- Fast-swim Oriented – It has a sleek hydrodynamic design which allows swimmers to swim effortlessly with minimal water resistance.
- Center Mount Design – Front mount features snorkel ensures smooth arm rotation and maintain body alignment and improve stroke efficiency.
Kraken Aquatics Swimmers Snorkel
- Center mount snorkel design
- Comfortable silicone mouthpiece
- One-way purge valve for easy snorkel clearing
- Adjustable padded head bracket
- Special tube design: Low profile snorkel tube shape helps to reduce water resistance
Speedo Swim Training Snorkel
- Engineered with the most hydrodynamic features
- Minimalist design promotes excellent stability at high speeds
- Padded TPR headband for comfort, eliminating headaches and pinching
- Low profile shape offers maximum vision and drag reduction
- Adjustable head band with notches on tube for consistent fitting
- Tear-drop shape enhances stability as the snorkel cuts through the water
- Smaller tube opening reduces air flow, improving lung capacity
- Premium silicone split headstrap design for stability and comfort
- Removable silicone mouthpiece for easy cleaning
- Built for high speeds
WACOOL Dry Top Snorkel
- Full Top Dry Swim Training Snorkels – This top dry swimming snorkel with spout allows smooth airflow and provides healthy amount of oxygen while lap swimming, triathlon and maximize speed by 30%. And it is FULL TOP DRY. Keep water out in any situation so that you can focus on your swim training.
- Comfortable and Firm Pad – Engineered thickened head-pad sits firmly on head delivers comfort and eliminate movement when flip turns and all four strokes.Quick adjustable universal fit padded head strap designed to securely and comfortably stay in place with every swim exercise, eliminating headaches and pinching.
- Optimized Mouthpiece – Durable food-grade and odorless material, fits perfect in mouth and keep the snorkel in place. One-way purge help to drain the water entirely during exhale.
- Fast-swim Oriented – It has a sleek hydrodynamic design which allows swimmers to swim effortlessly with minimal water resistance. Front mount features snorkel ensures smooth arm rotation and maintain body alignment and improve stroke efficiency. Whether you are a beginner or advanced swimmer our front snorkel will help you increase your efficiency in the water.
FINIS Stability Snorkel Speed Center
- NO HEAD BRACKET: The most comfortable and stable snorkel on the market; This snorkel features a cushioned resting spot that fits the natural curve of your forehead (patent pending)
- COMPETITIVE SWIM TRAINING: Made specifically for swimming at high speeds with an elevated body position in the water
- ADJUSTABLE SNORKEL TUBE: The tube offers five different length settings for a customized fit
- SILICONE MOUTHPIECE: You can pivot the mouthpiece to the side when you’re not swimming (patent pending)
- SPEED SNORKEL: Low-drag tube curves closely around your head and is designed to split the water as you swim
This was our Equipment Guide and list of the Best Swimmers Snorkel in 2021! We hope you enjoyed the article. Please share it with your friends and Familly on your social platforms website or leave us a Comment and let us know which one you’d prefer or tell us the one you use. We’d appreciate it a lot!
If you don’t want to miss any of our future Equipment guides sign up for our free Newsletter here.
Description of different types of Snorkels:
You could also be interested in:
Interested to join us as a Marine Life Conservation Volunteer?
Check it out here